- Today’s the day for a new road sweater:
- The Hurricanes confirmed the obvious when they announced their theme nights for next season. One would think that they wouldn’t advertise a White Out with the team wearing jerseys that the owner has said he can’t stand, right?
- Sebastian Aho and Teuvo Teravainen are representing the Canes on the NHL’s European media tour, and that means hashtag content!
TURBO has words for y'all, Caniacs pic.twitter.com/2mRwd0e04i— Carolina Hurricanes (@CanesNHL) August 20, 2019
Sebastian, how many goals will Turbo score this year? pic.twitter.com/rKnXgAHlym— Carolina Hurricanes (@CanesNHL) August 20, 2019
- NHL Network’s list of the top 20 defensemen included precisely zero Hurricanes players. This did not sit well:
- Chase Priskie signing with the Canes is validation for the team’s approach and shows that their success last season has lasting effects. [The Hockey News]
- Now that Don Waddell is back in the fold, we can turn our attention to the next existential crisis: how much of the Canes’ front office will Ron Francis poach? [Seattle Times]
- Who makes the cut on the Canes’ all-decade team? [ESPN]
- A couple of signings yesterday: Valeri Nichushkin to the Avalanche and Josh Ho-Sang and Michael Dal Colle re-up with the Islanders.