It’s late August, which means the kids are headed back to school, training camp is on the horizon, and Canes yard signs are about to sprout up around town.
#Canes Opening Night yard signs are now available— Carolina Hurricanes (@CanesNHL) August 22, 2019
Pick yours up at the VIP Desk at @PNCArena!
(During normal business hours please) pic.twitter.com/JvooEjSriJ
Last night was “Bunch of Jerks” night at the DBAP. Don Waddell, Haydn Fleury, and Jaccob Slavin each spent some time either hitting or pitching, and John Forslund was happy to provide a little pre-season play-by-play.
It's high heat! More stretching needed for quality follow through.— John Forslund (@JohnForslund) August 24, 2019
Classy exit!#isitoctoberyet https://t.co/VBP7M91jtT
Lots of lift! Power swing!— John Forslund (@JohnForslund) August 23, 2019
High heat could be a problem #isitoctoberyet https://t.co/7nLVmtM13u
.@Jslavin74 batting leadoff! pic.twitter.com/E4lYqQHxWA— Carolina Hurricanes (@CanesNHL) August 23, 2019
Over at PNC Arena, the logo is now in place atop the new video board:
It’s all coming together at PNC Arena. pic.twitter.com/D85D5ODbgy— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip) August 23, 2019
And sorry, Blue Jackets, you aren’t the only ones carrying the flag these days.
Every workout. Every practice. Every shift. We don’t just wear a flag on our chest. We carry the flag for North Carolina hockey.— Carolina Junior Hurricanes (@OfficialJRCanes) August 23, 2019
The 2019-20 #JrCanes uniform and official hashtag is here. #CarryTheFlag pic.twitter.com/0MgDlVtyQd
- More on the red and black takeover at the DBAP last night. [NHL.com]
- Update on Carolina Hurricanes’ lease negotiations called positive by authority chairman. [News and Observer]
- A look at the Chase Priskie signing through a Washington lens. [NBC Sports Washington]
- NHL Rumors: Boeser, Honka, Rangers, Trade Candidates, More. [The Hockey Writers]
- How the NHL has changed in the past 10 years ... and what’s next. [ESPN]
- Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn is engaged to NJ Devils star P.K. Subban. [Page Six]