- Yesterday’s news today: What’s the leadership contingency plan if Justin Williams doesn’t return? And Day 3 of BBQ Wars rages on with the debate over pulled pork.
- What do you get a Canes fan that already has everything? How about a nostalgic, one-of-a-kind piece of PNC Arena history? [Craigslist] (side note: before y’all go all “Dundon so cheap,” be aware that the former organist retired last summer).
You know, it probably would look good in the Governor’s Mansion.
August 7, 2019
- No, Don Waddell doesn’t have a contract with the Hurricanes, but the general manager says it’s not an issue and the owner says he expects him to stay. [NHL.com].
- Adam Gold says Waddell’s contract status (along with that of Justin Williams) is just the first page of a potentially more problematic story. [WRALSportsFan]
- Meanwhile, you know who does have a GM contract? Ron Francis, and all eyes are on how he intends to build out his analytics team. You’ll be SHOCKED at who gets a first-paragraph mention. [Seattle Times]
- An out-of-office Tweetmail that’s not really Tweetmail but more of a recap of all the recent goings-on at 1400 EMR. [Canes.com]
- One of which is this:
And also there's this little gadget being assembled on the floor of @PNCArena. pic.twitter.com/oypQ2AUGLq— Michael Smith (@MSmithCanes) August 7, 2019
- And this. What does it mean? WHAT DOES IT MEAN???
Take Warning pic.twitter.com/QYbfrKFNo7— Carolina Hurricanes (@CanesNHL) August 7, 2019
- The Athletic’s analytics team ran each current NHL roster through their lineup tool to come up with a projected points standings for 2019-20. The results were... shall we say... interesting. [The Athletic $]
- Down on the farm, some refreshing news as the Charlotte Checkers signed forward Cedric Lacroix to an two-way AHL contract. [Checkers.com]
- What was going on in Morgan Geekie’s head as he set the Checkers to their first-ever Calder Cup Final? Check out his interview with Jason Shaya via your preferred podcast provider:
Listen to Geekie’s full conversation with @Jason_Shaya here ⬇️— Charlotte Checkers (@CheckersHockey) August 7, 2019
Google Play: https://t.co/YlBBYaKsf4
- Finally, caption this:
The current front page of our site, in photos only. pic.twitter.com/JpZAByC3mQ— Canes Country (@CanesCountry) August 7, 2019