Let’s start with the rumors around Justin Faulk. Ever since the Jake Gardiner deal, the rumors that Faulk will be traded have kicked into high gear. Several local and national reporters noted that a trade between the Canes and the Ducks is all but done. However, Faulk has a partial no-trade clause which includes Anaheim as a destination to which he must approve being dealt, so perhaps he is the reason this is still a rumor, rather than a done deal.
Believe the Hurricanes have a deal in place with Anaheim for Faulk. Anaheim is not listed among his 15 preapproved teams, so it’s in Faulk’s hands now. Hurricanes have had a longstanding interest in Ondrej Kase, would be surprised if he isn’t involved.— Luke DeCock (@LukeDeCock) September 9, 2019
The Canes held their annual charity golf tourney yesterday at Prestonwood Country Club in Cary. Some videos were posted on twitter later in the evening. Based on the tape, Sebastian Aho’s got the tee shot covered and Brock McGinn can be trusted on the greens. As for Andrei Svechnikov, well...you always need someone to flag down the beverage cart.
Part 2: Sebastian Aho is also good at golf pic.twitter.com/vv2P8mJ85k— Carolina Hurricanes (@CanesNHL) September 10, 2019
Part 6: All Brock does is McWin pic.twitter.com/TO91FV1jmR— Carolina Hurricanes (@CanesNHL) September 10, 2019
Part 7: Andrei Svechnikov is one of the best young hockey talents in the entire world pic.twitter.com/P8kK10R4UV— Carolina Hurricanes (@CanesNHL) September 10, 2019
- NHL Tonight welcomed the newest Hurricane in an interview with Jake Gardiner. [NHL.com]
- Recent talks breed optimism for NHL labor deal. [ESPN]
- The Montreal Canadiens made Gardiner an offer before he signed with Carolina. Predictably, this is going over well. [Yahoo]
- Devils’ Pavel Zacha agrees to terms on KHL deal. [NJ.com]
- The Blue Jackets broke the ice on the RFA logjam by signing Zach Werenski to a three-year, $15M extension. [SportsNet]