Yesterday’s News Today
- Many believe that a trade of Justin Faulk is only a matter of time. Is that actually a good thing though? [Canes Country]
- The Pacific Division was the weakest group in the NHL a season ago. Will anything change in 2019-20? [Canes Country]
- Eric Tulsky join Craig Custance on The Full 60 podcast to discuss the Canes and the evolution of hockey analytics [$ The Athletic]
This week on The Full 60 with @CraigCustance:— The Athletic NHL (@TheAthleticNHL) September 19, 2019
Eric Tulsky, @CanesNHL VP of Hockey Management and Strategy.
Evolution of analytics, new philosophies
How CAR developed into a playoff contender
Leaving the tech world for a job in hockey
- After venting his frustration about an AHL assignment in Carolina, you have to wonder how Aleksi Saarela will handle this news:
Aleksi Saarela was very unhappy he didn't get an NHL shot in Carolina despite AHL success.— Ben Pope (@BenPopeCST) September 19, 2019
He demanded a trade to Chicago and got it.
Now, it looks like he's headed back to the AHL. This could be interesting.
- With all the talk of a possible Faulk trade, Pierre LeBrun discusses why now may be a great time to be shopping a defenseman. [$ The Athletic]
- Ryan Suzuki is happy as can be with signing his first NHL contract with the Canes:
- Greg Wyshynski revisited the 1999-00 and took a look at how much the game has changed, and what we might view differently about that season now. [ESPN]