Yesterday’s News Today
- Justin case you missed it, yesterday Justin Faulk was traded to the Blues for Joel Edmunson and Dominik Bokk.
- Training camp rolls on, the Canes trim training camp roster to 40 players.
- Reaction to the big trade from around the interwebs. [N&O] [NSJ] [$The Athletic] [WRALSportsFan] [ESPN] [St Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Justin Faulk says thanks:
- Then makes an appearance at his new home:
- And it didn’t take long for the fans in St. Louis to get on board.
- We’ll have more coverage on Joel Edmundson and Dominik Bokk shortly, but for now, we have a jersey number.
- Auston Matthews faces disorderly conduct charges in Arizona after an incident in May. [Sportsnet]
- Brock Boeser went head first into the boards on Monday, but was able to stay in the game. Come Tuesday, he was in concussion protocol. [Vancouver Courier]
- ESPN has released its 2019-20 NHL Watchability Ratings. Tom Dundon will be pleased. [ESPN]
- Connor McDavid made his return after a lengthy knee rehab this summer. The center suffered a PCL injury late in the 2018-2019 season. [Edmonton Sun]
- Coming into the season there are many coaches and GMs that are on the hot seat as organization become increasingly impatient. [CBC]
- Yesterday marked Gritty’s first birthday. In just a short 365 day span he went from a joke to everyone’s favorite gif factory. [ESPN]
- League-wide preseason roundup from all of last night’s action as more teams inch closer to their starting night lineups. [NHL]
- Finally, something really cool happening in our back yard. Mark it down as one of the most unique hockey promotions in recent history.