Yesterday’s News Today
- It’s nothing surprising, but Dougie Hamilton was officially put on the IR yesterday.
This got lost in yesterday's game shuffle, but the #Canes have placed Dougie Hamilton on injured reserve.— Michael Smith (@MSmithCanes) January 22, 2020
Rod Brind'Amour: "We're counting that he's done for the year. That's kind of how we're looking at it. If something changes, that'd be great, but we're not counting on it."
- Andrei Svechnikov brought the lacrosse style goal into the NHL this season, but how legal is the move? [Scouting the Refs]
1️⃣, 0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ points calls for a celebration for Eric Staal. pic.twitter.com/e5rBOQ9iGT— NHL (@NHL) January 23, 2020
- The Hurricanes’ latest Storm Surge, and the movie Dodgeball, got some love from ESPN’s Pardon The Interruption.
- A conversation with the Hurricanes’ new girl’s and women’s hockey specialist, Alyssa Gagliardi
- An NHL mascot is under a police investigation. Yes, you read that right. Gritty is being investigated by the Philadelphia police for allegedly punching a 13-year old at a meet and greet. [Philadelphia Inquirer]
- What was the best goal of the 2010s? According to the NHL, it was Patrick Kane’s Stanley Cup winner way back in the first year of the decade. [NHL]
#NHLAllStar Update: @Senators forward Brady Tkachuk will replace @MapleLeafs forward Auston Matthews on the Atlantic Division roster for the 2020 Honda NHL All-Star Game.— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) January 22, 2020
Despite not playing due to injury, Matthews will attend All-Star weekend in St. Louis. pic.twitter.com/iVcwA5jB2B