Hurricanes hockey will be back soon, we promise.
Reading and Listening Assignments
- Alyssa Gagliardi has been busy in her new role. She joined Michael Smith and Mike Maniscalco for Monday’s CanesCast, and yesterday she announced the inaugural Parent/Daughter Hockey Clinic on Feb. 17 which will feature an on-ice clinic, an off-ice reception, Q&A and a Canes practice.
- Also in yesterday’s news, the Checkers cool off and the Swamp Rabbits make roster moves.
- Podcasts make strange bedfellows? The former podcasters at Section 328 joined Adam Gold for the Canes Corner podcast. [WRALSportsFan]
- Random musings from Sara Civian as the Canes head into their last 32 games. [The Athletic $]
- We interrupt this Storm Advisory for a local linguistics lesson.
So how you pronounce Zebulon? pic.twitter.com/SCRc08kp0D— Carolina Hurricanes (@Canes) January 28, 2020
- The Charlotte Checkers are hosting their first ever “Hockey is for Everyone” Night on Saturday, Feb. 8. Ticket packages are on sale that include a Gold Section ticket plus an incredibly awesome Checkers t-shirt. [Checkers.com]
- The Penguins have signed defenseman Marcus Pettersson to a 5-year, $20 million extension. [Penguins.com]
- Two-time Vezina winner and Hall of Fame goaltender Ed Belfour is in a bit of trouble with the law, again. [TSN]
- Locks, bubble teams, and long shots as the playoff chase resumes after the break. [The Athletic $]
- According to Pierre LeBrun, Sharks’ defenseman Brenden Dillon could be on the move and there could be a few suitors [The Score].
- Finally, what happens when your flight home get delayed (the fist pump really says it all, doesn’t it?)