Update: The Canes have released their teaser for the reverse retro jersey, and it appears to be a new color schemed Whalers jersey.
Yesterday’s News Today
- Hurricanes Alternate Captain Jordan Martinook hosted a virtual happy hour with multiple veterans to show a small piece of gratitude. [Hurricanes]
- Don Waddell hopes to get Dougie Hamilton signed to an extension before the new season begins. Also buried within this article, it appears the team is still in contact with unrestricted free agent Sami Vatanen and they have interest in bringing him back. [NHL]
- Prospect Ryan Suzuki won’t let his eye injury stop his world junior and NHL goals. [The Athletic $]
- The ever-lovable Tripp Tracy answers your questions on a wide range of topics including, but not limited to, gordita crunch wraps. [The Athletic $]
- Who doesn’t love a good Top 10 list?
- Our friends in Dallas take a look at what next season may look like. Mini hub cities? Realignment? They’ve covered it all. [Defending Big D]
- We may never know if the Hurricanes would have selected Yaroslav Askarov had he fallen a couple more spot, but for the Nashville Predators, they likely won’t have to wait long to find out just how good he is. [SI]
- NHL players are expecting to be paid in full for next season no matter how many games are played. [The Star]
- We’ve started to get a better look at some of the Reverse Retro jerseys coming to the NHL soon: