- Joe Thornton was disappointed that the San Jose Sharks didn’t trade him at the deadline. [NBC Sports]
- Speaking of, the Philadelphia Flyers won their fourth straight against the Sharks. Thanks for nothing, Metro. [NHL]
Sure why not— Robin Lehner (@RobinLehner) February 25, 2020
- Corey Sznajder, who once upon a time wrote for this very website, tried to sift through the pros and cons of the Hurricanes picking up Brady Skjei. [Shutdown Line]
- The Toronto Maple Leafs just re-signed defenseman Jake Muzzin. He left last night’s game with a hand injury. [Sportsnet]
- With a win last night, the New York Rangers are just two points behind the Hurricanes and four points behind a playoff position. Thanks for nothing, Metro. [NHL]
- Because the Hurricanes traded so many prospects and recalled two goalies the Charlotte Checkers looked a little different last night.
- Emergency back up goalie rule to be discussed by the NHL’s Board of Governors meeting this year. I would think they will go back to the old rule, so local fans don’t play against their favorite teams, but this is the NHL so who knows. [NHL]