Yesterday’s News Today
In case you missed it, yesterday’s ceremonial puck dropper was Raleigh Officer Charles Ainsworth:
On a less serious note, the team was...inspired...by last night’s halftime show:
- We’ll get our first look this season at Justin Faulk tomorrow, and suffice it to say his first season in St. Louis hasn’t exactly filled Blues fans with a ton of hope for his six-year contract. [St. Louis Game Time]
- Speaking of former Hurricanes, the Blue Jackets signed Nathan Gerbe to a two-year, two-way contract extension. [SportsNet]
- If you somehow missed it on Saturday, the Battle of Alberta lived up to the hype and then some.
All hell breaks loose in the Battle of Alberta, including a goalie fight between Mike Smith and Cam Talbot pic.twitter.com/7YRcWnFbEx— Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett) February 2, 2020
- Noel Acciari’s odd season continues as Panthers rely on production. [Yahoo]
- Sharks gift Marc-Edouard Vlasic a hydrofoil (this is apparently a thing that exists) for reaching 1,000 NHL games. [NBC Sports]
- NHL Rumor Mill: Are the Maple Leafs interested in Matt Dumba? [Yahoo]
- “Jordy Martinook,” everyone!