Yesterday’s This Morning’s News Today
Some of us had to get up to go to church at 8:00 this morning. If, like me, you were one of those people, you likely went to bed last night before the game ended and had a similar reaction to mine when you woke up this morning:
Pardon me I’m sorry they did WHAT— Brian LeBlanc (@bdleblanc) February 9, 2020
Here’s the full recap of a bonkers game that saw the Canes flat-out steal two points.
- Erik Haula made his first visit back to Vegas since the trade last night, and the Golden Knights gave him a tribute video to the roars of the crowd:
Great tribute video to Erik Haula. pic.twitter.com/oHS4yLwaOI— SinBin.vegas (@SinBinVegas) February 9, 2020
- ...and then what happened
for the first time in Fortress history, we're not excited that Erik Haula scored— Vegas Golden Knights (@GoldenKnights) February 9, 2020
- Haula got emotional on the bench, understandable given everything that happened in his life and his career since the last time he was in T-Mobile Arena. [Knights on Ice]
- Could there be a breakthrough in the stalemate between the NHL and the IOC that results in players returning to the Olympics in 2022? [Sportsnet]
- A byproduct of the coronavirus epidemic you may not have expected: many NHL players use sticks made in China, and can’t get news ones across the Pacific thanks to travel restrictions. [Boston Globe]
- Finally, a tale of betrayal and redemption in five tweets.
Scotty McCreery! F@cking turncoat! Imagine being a Canes fan and rolling into Vegas wearing a Golden Knights Jersey!— Paul Lawson (@The_Number_90) February 9, 2020