This Week’s News
- NHL 20 Simulation Recap: Hurricanes Get Pushed to the Brink, Save Their Season on Home Ice
- James Reimer has been named the Canes’ 2020 nominee for Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy
- The 2020 Canes Country Ultimate Fantasy Draft: Part 1
- The 2020 Canes Country Ultimate Fantasy Draft: Part 2
- We have a plethora of Hurricanes players and staff doing interviews/podcast so we’ll start off with this one featuring Erik Cole:
- Next up is Justin Williams who joined the Bleav in West podcast to discuss the resumption of the NHL season. Scroll down to the June 1st episode to listen. [Bleav in West]
- Batting third today is actually a duo of former Hurricanes in the form of Tim Gleason and Cam Ward. Naturally wine is one of the talking points but they also dive in to how hard it was to break in to the NHL and the ultimate prize in hockey. [Unfiltered With Matthew Barnaby]
- The final interview goes to General Manager Don Waddell as he joined Adam Gold to talk about why the Hurricanes are not rushing in to opening their facilities. [99.9 The Fan]
- Who do you think won and how much money do you think they won off the others?
Can anyone guess the names of our guests from the Carolina Hurricanes??? Thank you to these guys for spending your day with us playing golf...Hope to see you guys again soon. ⛳️ ⛳️ #thankyou #hopeyouhadfun #pinehollowgolf pic.twitter.com/mjoOjhkGBk— Pine Hollow Golf Club (@pinehollowgolf) June 5, 2020
- Backstory on this next story, I was bored at home the other night and somehow I ended up searching for every ice hockey team in North Carolina’s history. This led me to scrolling through a Wikipedia list and clicking each link to learn more about all the teams. Then I came to the Pinebridge Bucks and I thought to myself.. The who?? So I had to Google them which lead me to this story.
Turns out there was a professional hockey team in the tiny town of Spruce Pine, NC once upon a time and they hold a very unique record. For any North Carolina history buffs this is a fascinating story. [Bus League Hockey]
- College hockey: Former Clarkson standout Reid tells his story of addiction to help other young players. [NNY 360]
- Predictions unplugged: Anonymous NHL coach, scout and exec pick play-in winners. [The Athletic $]
- Intent on ending racism in hockey, current and former NHL players form alliance. [Washington Post]