This Week’s News
The 2020 Canes Country Fantasy Draft wrapped up this week. You can check out every single pick by scrolling through each of the following. Make sure to click on the last link and vote for who you think had the best team!
If you enjoyed the Fantasy Draft and want to see something similar again let us know in the comments. We thoroughly enjoyed putting it together and would love to know if you liked it as much as we did!
- James Reimer will be featured on SiriusXM’s Sunday Brunch tomorrow morning:
#SUNDAYBRUNCH on @SiriusXMNHL— Dave McCarthy (@DaveAMcCarthy) June 11, 2020
James Reimer has a reservation at the Brunch this Sunday
How he spent the pause
Play-in vs #PlayLikeANewYorker
Memories of David Ayres night
Favorite #StormSurge @Canes #NHL #Canes pic.twitter.com/laRYaIUBiX
- We choose to believe we inspired this Hurricanes Tweet with our series this week. Nevertheless, who would be on your team?
Who're you choosing to take the ice? pic.twitter.com/BfM2CiTIRr— Carolina Hurricanes (@Canes) June 11, 2020
- Jordan Martinook joined the Spittin Chiclets podcast to tell some very hilarious and NSFW stories about his hockey life. Just a warning, there is a lot of adult language so earmuffs for the kiddos. [Spittin Chiclets]
- The Alternative NHL Awards featuring all kinds of fun categories. [ESPN]
- A Norris Trophy voter guide: Who deserves to be on the ballot? We tend to like the final entry on the list. [The Athletic $]
- 31 Thoughts is back with tons to talk about. [Sportsnet]
- The NHL has announced July 10th as a target date to enter Phase 3. [USA Today]
- What medical experts think about the NHL’s return-to-play plan. [The Score]
- NHL players are not rushing back to rinks for voluntary skates. [AP]
- It appears that Las Vegas has all but been officially confirmed as a hub city and a buried nugget within this story is that the NHL would like Toronto to be the other hub if Canada will allow it. [Sportsnet]