This Week’s News
- Canes 2020 first-round scenarios: Post-Phase 1
- About Last Season: Jordan Martinook Performance Review and Grade
- Justin Williams’ 2020 hockey camp has been postponed.
- It all (re)starts today!
We're Ready. #LetsGoCanes pic.twitter.com/ETlIOmMtaq— Carolina Hurricanes (@Canes) June 29, 2020
- The Hurricanes and Blue Cross NC have teamed up to deliver meals to health care workers. [Canes]
- Tough decisions are ahead for the Canes when it comes to defense and goaltending. [NHL]
- Bill Burniston joined the BridgeAthletic podcast this week and you can catch it here. [BridgeAthletic]
- Congrats to the Dzingel family!
View this post on Instagram
I married my best friend Saturday! I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Elise you make me a better man everyday I spend with you. Due to the virus, our wedding was cancelled and we’re very saddened to not be able to celebrate with all our friends and family! The big 300 person wedding didn’t happen like we planned, but some of the amazing people in our lives found a way to make a backyard wedding so special. I can’t thank everyone enough who was apart of this weekend, and a lot of people were truly missed! Can’t wait to celebrate with everyone next year
- The NHL Draft Lottery was held on Friday and one might say it turned out great, others may say the system has failed. Either way, Elliotte Friedman shares his 31 Thoughts. [Sportnet]
- Four myths and one truth about the NHL’s Draft Lottery. [The Hockey News]
- Everything you need to know to get you caught up on the NHL’s COVID-19 pause along with information on a possible new CBA. [ESPN]
- Seattle’s expansion team is making progress on their nickname. [NHL]
- Lastly, the NHL has provided us with an update on COVID-19 testing:
NHL statement on COVID-19 testing results: pic.twitter.com/HalBsLro77— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) June 29, 2020