- While we don’t know much about the Hurricanes’ lineup tonight, we know Andrei Svechnikov and Joel Edmundson will be unfit to play and out. Rod Brind’Amour said Monday morning that Edmundson is definitely closer to playing, but good news came yesterday on Svechnikov with a report from Luke DeCock of the News & Observer:
Latest on Svechnikov post-MRI: Not a worst-case scenario. Will be out for a while but could potentially return if Hurricanes advance to conference or Stanley Cup finals. Likely to remain in Toronto bubble at this point. https://t.co/ZONxoyP93R— Luke DeCock (@LukeDeCock) August 16, 2020
- Leading goal scorer David Pastrnak will be out again for Boston.
- The puck will drop for game five of this series on Wednesday at 4 p.m. If the Hurricanes can win one of the next two games to force a game six, that game will go Thursday, with a time still TBD.
- Trailing 2-1 in the series, the Canes face a pivotal game four tonight as they look to avoid a 3-1 deficit. They’ve got a pretty good track record in that regard. In fact, Carolina has not lost game four of a first-round series since 2002.
- David Ayres sends his well wishes for tonight’s game:
- More good news from the bubble:
NHL statement on COVID-19 testing results: pic.twitter.com/0WL9yTIa6e— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) August 17, 2020
- Check back later. We likely won’t have these until pregame, with Svechnikov out and Brind’Amour saying Sunday the lines would likely change, quite a bit.
- We’ll see Ryan Dzingel draw in to replace Svechnikov, and Jake Gardiner could replace either Trevor van Riemsdyk or Sami Vatanen on the blue line.
- With Brind’Amour rotating goalies so far in this series, James Reimer in net should be a safe assumption.
These we do have. David Pastrnak remains out, and Anders Bjork remains in his spot on Boston’s top line.
From Boston’s morning line rushes:
Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Anders Bjork
Jake DeBrusk - David Krejci - Ondrej Kase
Sean Kuraly - Charlie Coyle - Jack Studnicka
Joakim Nordstorm - Par Lindholm - Chris Wagner
Zdeno Chara - Charlie McAvoy
Torey Krug - Brandon Carlo
Matt Grzelcyk - Connor Clifton