In Case You Missed It
- Will Petr Mrazek re-sign with Carolina?
- 2021 Draft Profile: Sasha Pastujov
- Canes Country Podcast: Who should the Hurricanes protect at the NHL Expansion Draft?
- Carolina Hurricanes assistant coach Dean Chynoweth has departed to join the staff of the Toronto Maple Leafs and there seems to be an obvious candidate to replace him. [N&O]
- With both ESPN and Turner Sports moving forward with new broadcast teams, the man between the glass Pierre McGuire is joining the Ottawa Senators front office. [Ottawa Sun]
- The Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks pulled off a trade involving defenseman Duncan Keith. [ESPN]
- With Caleb Jones now in Chicago, could the Hawks be gearing up for a run at his brother Seth Jones? [1st Ohio]
- Social media for the Canes continues to be awesome:
Biggest Twitter follower bumps across the U.S. pro sports landscape in the first half of 2021, per @sbjsbd. @AustinFC, @Canes, @BrooklynNets, @LVAces and @Buccaneers among those leading their respective leagues. https://t.co/cBGmO5NTia pic.twitter.com/YvRizehM1h— Mark J. Burns (@markjburns88) July 12, 2021
- Pekka Rinne pinned a heartfelt letter to Predators fans announcing his retirement from the NHL. [Players’ Tribune]
- The Minnesota Wild shocked the league yesterday when they announced they were buying out the contracts of both Zach Parise and Ryan Suter. [Wild]
- The bold move by the Wild could create major salary cap problems for the team in just a few years. [The Athletic $]
- Gary Bettman has officially informed NHL General Managers of the league’s intent to return to a 82-game season with the old divisional formats for the upcoming season. [NHL]