In Case You Missed It:
The Montreal Canadiens will not match the offer sheet from the Carolina Hurricanes.
Jesperi Kotkaniemi is ready for a fresh start with the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Jake Gardiner is expected to miss the full season with hip and back surgeries. The Canes will be cap compliant by placing the defenseman on LTIR. [SportsNet]
- The National Hockey League is announcing more restrictions for unvaccinated players ahead of the 2021-2022 season. [NBCSports]
- Montreal Canadiens replace Kotkaniemi by trading a first-round pick and a second-round pick to the Arizona Coyotes for Christian Dvorak. [NHL]
Libor Hajek, signed 1x$0.87M by NYR, is better at hockey than everybody reading this. #NYR pic.twitter.com/wb9cI56Z9F— JFresh (@JFreshHockey) September 5, 2021
- Five questions facing the Detroit Red Wings heading into the 2021-2022 season. [NHL]
- Carolina Hurricanes' prospect pool improves to number two after the acquisition of Kontaniemi. [$TheAthletic]
Don Waddell says Jake Gardiner will have back and hip surgery and go on LTIR, which solves the Hurricanes' cap issues with Kotkaniemi. Hurricanes will still need to get fully $4m over the cap to maximize their LTIR relief. (They're about $2.5m short of that at the moment.)— Luke DeCock (@LukeDeCock) September 5, 2021
- There is still a lot of work to come after the NHL and the IOC agree to NHL participation in the 2022 Winter Olympics. [Sports Illustrated]
For the first time in two seasons, we are returning to a regular, 82-game schedule and – fingers crossed – it gets to finish as intended. @jasonchen16 has some key player milestone chases to watch for the upcoming season.https://t.co/NTrzzKcCQy— The Hockey News (@TheHockeyNews) September 5, 2021