The Canes critical lead in the Metropolitan Division is down to just a single point with a game in hand over the surging new look New Jersey Devils.
On the other side of the ice, the Arizona Coyotes are coming off of another trade deadline of being sellers. The Yotes have lost three of their last four games and just sold off their top two defensemen among others.
One of those defensemen, Shayne Gostisbehere, joined the Carolina Hurricanes when the Canes arrived in Arizona. He will make his debut tonight against his former team on the third-pairing.
Andrei Svechnikov - Sebastian Aho - Seth Jarvis
Teuvo Teravainen - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Martin Necas
Jordan Martinook - Jordan Staal - Jesper Fast
Stefan Noesen - Paul Stastny - Derek Stepan
Jaccob Slavin - Brent Burns
Brady Skjei - Brett Pesce
Shayne Gostisbehere - Jalen Chatfield
Clayton Keller - Barett Hayden - Nick Schmaltz
Matias Maccelli - Jack McBain - Lawson Crouse
Nick Ritchie - Travis Boyd - Christian Fischer
Liam O’Brien - Laurent Dauphin - Zack Kassian
Jusso Valimaki - Troy Stecher
Patrik Nemith - J.J. Moser
Vladislav Kolyachonok - Victor Soderstrom
- Carolina and Arizona are meeting for the 86th time in their regular-season histories. Carolina holds a 44-31-8-2 overall record, including 23-15-2-2 road record and a 19-12-2-2 record since relocation
- Tonight is the second of two ARI-CAR matchups this season and the only one in AZ. The Coyotes shutout the Canes 4-0 on 11/23 in Raleigh. It was Karel Vejmelka’s second shutout of the season.
- Clayton Keller leads the Coyotes in goals (25) and assists (34) in 2022-23. He is one of seven Coyotes to play in all 61 games this season for the club. He comes into the game on an active six-game point streak.
- Brent Burns played his 738th consecutive NHL game against the Golden Knights on Wednesday, passing Jay Bouwmeester for the ninth-longest ironman streak in NHL history and the second-longest such streak by any defenseman.
- Jordan Martinook was selected by Phoenix in the second round (58th overall) of the 2012 NHL Draft and played 247 games for the Coyotes from 2014-18, posting 65 points (26g, 39a). He was acquired from Arizona on 5/3/19 along with a fourth-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft (Luke Henman) in exchange for Marcus Kruger and a third-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft (Ty Emberson)
- Canes Country 2023 Trade Deadline Tracker
- Brad Marchand avoids any injury absence, will play Saturday against the New York Rangers. [Sportsnet]
Minnetonka is headed to the State Tournament after beating Chanhassen in a double-OT thriller!— Da Beauty League (@DaBeautyLeague) March 3, 2023
Nothing better than Minnesota High School Hockey
- All 2023 Trade Deadline transaction grades. [$TheAthletic]
A glimpse at Tom Wilson's hand postgame. Hurt it after catching Nathan Beaulieu in the helmet during their third-period fight.— Sammi Silber (@sammisilber) March 2, 2023
Wilson went off for repairs and came back before scoring the OT winner for the Capitals. Finished with two goals and a team-leading seven shots. pic.twitter.com/NwrqH7hZ0e